Mango Mousse Cake
Ingredients for Sponge Cake
100 grams olive oil
500 grams optima flour
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons ovalatte
1. Mix all ingredients together except olive oil, beat a low speed until combine, then increase speed to high.
2. When mixture double in volume, fold in the olive oil and mix well.
3. Grease the square cake tin and dust with flour before using.
4. Bake at 180 degree C for 25 minutes
Ingredients for mousse filling :500 grams mango juice
500 grams fresh whipping cream
4 tablespoons gelatine (mix with warm water till dissolved)
1. Add the gelatine mixture to the mango juice
2. Whip the fresh whipping cream and fold into the mango/gelatine mixture.
1. Trim sponge cake to desire size (about 1 cm smaller than the angular setting ring.
2. Place 1st sponge cake at the bottom*, cover layer with the mousse, top with mango slices
3. Repeat with the second layer.
4. Leave to set in fridge for at least 3 hours.
*wet your hands before handling the sponge cake. It is much easier to handle when your hands are wet.