Apple Crumble with nutmeg and hazelnuts
4 apples, cored and sliced nto thick wedges
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup water
handful of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
handful of rasins
icing sugar, for dusting
ground nutmeg for dusting
100 grams butter, softened
120 grams flour
80 grams hazelnuts
80 grams sugar
1. Prehead oven to 180 degree C
2. Cook apples with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, water and butter until softened
3. Portion the apples together with the berries and rasins into 6 ramekins, filling them about 3/4 full, leaving space for the crumble.
4. Pound hazelnuts in mortar and pestle.
5. Combine hazelnuts, flour, butter and sugar. Using fingertips, rub all the crumble ingredients until mixture is crumbly. Alternatively, with a food processor, pulsed all the crumble ingredients until they are crumbly. (When using the food processor, there is no need to pound the hazelnuts.)
6. Spoon crumble over the apples/berries/raisins.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Sprinkle icing sugar and nutmeg and serve warm.
Iused baking paper to line 4 of the ramkins as I wanted to pack them as gifts. When serving them at home, there is no need to line the ramkins.